Teeth Cleaning Chapel Hill
A teeth cleaning is a preventative dental treatment performed to thoroughly clean the teeth and gums. Regularly scheduled teeth cleanings are important for stopping the progression of gingivitis and gum disease.
Dental cleanings are an effective procedure in keeping your mouth in proper health and halting the progression of gum disease.
The benefits of professional teeth cleaning include:
- Plaque removal. Tartar (also referred to as calculus) and plaque buildup, both above and below the gum line, can result in serious periodontal problems. Unfortunately, even with a proper home brushing and flossing routine, it can be impossible to remove all debris, bacteria, and deposits from gum pockets. The experienced eye of a dentist or hygienist using specialized dental equipment is necessary to catch potentially damaging buildup.
- A healthier looking smile. Stained and yellowed teeth can dramatically decrease the esthetics of a smile. Regularly scheduled teeth cleanings can, over time, help reverse these stains.
- Fresher breath. Bad breath (or halitosis) is generally indicative of advancing periodontal disease. A combination of rotting food particles (possibly below the gum line) and potential gangrene stemming from gum infection, results in bad breath. The routine removal of plaque, calculus, and bacteria at our facility can noticeably improve halitosis and reduce infection.
How long has it been since you had your teeth cleaned professionally?
Make Your Appointment with Studio G Today!
- Call Studio G Aesthetic & Family Dentistry Phone Number 919-942-7163 to Book an Appointment with our practice
- Save Time and Complete Your Online Patient Registration
- Get Directions to Our Office
At Studio G Aesthetic & Family Dentistry, we recommend that you schedule teeth cleaning twice annually as a preventative measure, but should be completed every 3-4 months for patients who suffer from gum disease.