Implant Supported Overdenture
An Implant Supported Overdenture is a contemporary restoration that has revolutionized the way we think of replacing a full set of teeth. Standard dentures are unsecured prostheses with inherent limitations. Sometimes, dentures can be painful and unstable. Such dentures can make chewing foods difficult, limiting the foods that you once enjoyed. Modern dentistry can help with implant supported dentures.
The Implant Supported Overdenture treatment option replaces your missing teeth with a complete denture that is supported by dental implants. Fewer implants are needed and overall treatment time and cost is reduced. An Implant Supported Overdenture solution also ensures greater stability in the bone, reducing the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume. Implant-supported overdentures stay connected with bar and clip attachment methods or use a variety of abutment-based attachments (ball, magnets, and resilient stud attachments such as Locators). The most appropriate attachment system for your individual needs relates to a variety of factors that is determined early in the treatment. Typically, a temporary set of teeth can be placed on the same day of surgery. The temporary teeth allow you to lead a normal life immediately after surgery. After a short healing period, Dr. Ghaffarpour, Dr. Dakermanji or Dr. Yarborough will place the final overdenture. Your quality of life is improved, and you can start enjoying your favorite foods again with renewed confidence.
Implant Supported Overdentures offer you many advantages:
- A cost effective solution. When compared to some other implant supported restoration methods, your new replacement teeth require fewer implants for each jaw. With fewer implants required, the cost is lowered.
- Reduced need for bone grafting. The special angled placement of two of the implants ensures a secure and stable anchorage for the replaced arch, often making bone grafting unnecessary.
- Faster treatment and healing time. Your replacement arch can be attached to your implants immediately after insertion.
- Scientifically proven and documented. Implant Supported Overdentures have had good clinical outcomes from decade-long studies with favorable results.
Make Your Appointment with Studio G Today!
- Call Studio G Aesthetic & Family Dentistry Phone Number 919-942-7163 to Book an Appointment with our practice
- Save Time and Complete Your Online Patient Registration
- Get Directions to Our Office